Invitation to Virtual Workshop: Absenteeism and Attendance Issues in a COVID-19 World – Sherrard Kuzz LLP Employment & Labour Lawyers
As the Ontario economy reopens and employees are permitted to return to work on-site, the potential for increased absenteeism is real. At the height of the pandemic scare, the Government of Ontario introduced a new COVID-19-related protected leave under the Employment Standards Act, 2000, to complement the general duty to accommodate disability and family status under human rights legislation.
Join us for a practical, half-day workshop in which you will acquire knowledge and tools to address a range of absenteeism and attendance issues related to COVID-19 including: when is an employee entitled to time off of work, what is an employer’s entitlement to medical (and other) information, and are there best practices to manage a request for time off, or a refusal to return to the workplace?
Using interactive learning and real life-scenarios, we will cover:
· Illness and Isolation: When should an employee be required to remain at home?
· Leave Entitlements: To what leaves of absence might an employee be entitled?
· Family Status: Is there an obligation to provide accommodation for childcare or eldercare?
· Medical (and Other) Evidence: What can be requested to substantiate a request for time off, or to verify an ability to return?
· Work Refusal: How to respond if an employee refuses work either related to COVID-19, or because of a desire to remain on government benefits?
DATE and TIME:
Monday, June 22, 9:00am – 12:00pm (Sold Out)
Thursday, June 25, 9:00am – 12:00pm (Sold Out)
Thursday, June 25, 1:00pm – 4:00pm (Sold Out)
Zoom Virtual Workshop
$400 plus tax
Here [you will receive a secure Zoom link 24 hours prior]
This is a small group workshop; space is extremely limited.
SHERRARD KUZZ LLP | Employment & Labour Lawyers
250 Yonge Street, Suite 3300, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 2L7
Main 416.603.0700 | 24 Hour 416.420.0738 | Fax 416.603.6035
email@example.com | www.sherrardkuzz.com