Managing Employees in a Unionized Workplace – Workshop – June 13, 18 & 19, 2019
Managing Employees in a Unionized Workplace
HALF-DAY INTENSIVE WORKSHOP
What is the impact of a collective agreement on management’s ability to
organize the workplace?
How can workplace leaders effectively manage and discipline employees
in a unionized environment?
Applying interactive learning and real life-scenarios, this half-day workshop examines these topics:
1. The Collective Agreement
· What falls within management rights?
· Key provisions and their impact on management’s ability to organize work (job postings, layoff, seniority, probation, etc.).
· Understanding the grievance and arbitration process.
2. Effective Management of Unionized Employees
· Dealing with union stewards and representatives.
· Implementing effective performance management.
· Motivating and communicating with unionized employees.
3. Discipline and Discharge
· What do arbitrators consider in upholding discipline?
· The impact of workplace policies and procedures on discipline and discharge.
· Best (and worst) practices for discipline and discharge in a unionized environment.
DATE and TIME: Each workshop is from 9:00am – 1:00pm
Thursday, June 13 / Tuesday, June 18 / Wednesday, June 19, 2019
LOCATION: Sherrard Kuzz LLP, 250 Yonge Street, Suite 3300, Toronto
COST: $525 plus tax
This is a small group workshop; space is extremely limited.
SHERRARD KUZZ LLP | Employment & Labour Lawyers
250 Yonge Street, Suite 3300, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 2L7
Main 416.603.0700 | 24 Hour 416.420.0738 | Fax 416.603.6035
email@example.com | www.sherrardkuzz.com