OCoT Ramping Up Construction Inspections
According to a news release dated April 10th, the Ontario College of Trades is ramping up its compliance and enforcement activities in the construction sector. The release states that these efforts:
· Will apply the College’s new compliance and enforcement policy
· will be strategically targeted and risk-based
· will be conducted by officers who have received enhanced training, some dedicated to the construction industry
· will use information from other regulators to identify/target high risk workplaces for inspections
· will ensure that the various types of construction work are being performed by appropriately qualified and certified skilled trades professionals
· will be an opportunity for the College enforcement officers to educate construction employers with their obligations under the College of Trades and Apprenticeship Act
Contractors should be ready for a visit from an OCoT inspector.
Have a great day.