Regulatory Amendments Come in Force – New Requirements To Improve Construction Health and Safety
The Ministry of Labour has released the attached News Bulletin as of July 1, 2016. This news bulletin affects several different regulations, for your reference we have attached an electronic copies of the affected regulations with the amendments imbedded in the document.
Certain amendments to the Construction Projects, the Noise, and the Control of Exposure to Biological or Chemical Agents Regulations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act come in to force on July 1, 2016.
The amendments include:
- Introducing new technical and operational safety requirements for the safe operation of drill rigs, including new training requirements for rig operators;
- Extending noise protection to all workplaces covered under the Act, including construction projects;
- Requiring employers to take appropriate safety measures to ensure construction workers are protected from hazardous concentrations of biological and chemical substances;
- Enhancing and clarifying provisions relating to exposure to carbon monoxide, and other fumes and gases, released from internal combustion engines for workers on construction projects; and
- Enhancing and clarifying provisions relating to the use of portable ladders.
READ MORE HERE.2016-12nr_En (1)
R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 833
CONTROL OF EXPOSURE TO BIOLOGICAL OR CHEMICAL AGENTS
Document can be found here:Exposure 900833_e
ONTARIO REGULATION 213/91
Document can be found here:Misc Amendments 910213_e
Occupational Health and Safety Act
R.S.O. 1990, CHAPTER O.1
Document can be found here:ACT 90o01_e
If you need assistance with these or any other related document please do not hesitate to contact:
Manager, Labour Management Network
5110 Creekbank Road, Suite 400
Mississauga, ON, Canada L4W 0A1
Toll Free: 1-800-263-5024