New building permit and employment data from Statistics Canada demonstrate the stability of Ontario’s construction industry.
The latest Economic Update bulletin from the OCS provides analysis, including some of the following highlights:
- Building permit numbers have shown Ontario’s ICI industry is only marginally off-pace with 2019, while commercial building permit values are above last year’s
- Nearly half of Ontario’s metro areas saw significant ICI permit value growth in September
- Construction employment remained stable in Ontario through September
- Ontario’s unemployment rate fell again to below ten percent
- GDP fell dramatically in Ontario and Canada in Q2
Click here to see the full OCS Economic Update bulletin with detailed analysis.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT US.