HReview Breakfast Seminar: 2019 Year in Review… And what to expect in 2020
Please join us at our upcoming HReview Breakfast Seminar:
2019 Year in Review… And what to expect in 2020
2019 ushered in many important changes to the employment and labour landscape in Ontario and across Canada. Join us as we discuss how these changes impact employers, and proactive steps to minimize the negative effects. Topics include:
1. Legislative Update
- Bill 66 amendments to the Ontario Employment Standards Act, 2000.
- Changes to the federal Canada Labour Code.
2. Harassment in the Workplace
- Can an employee launch a stand-alone lawsuit for harassment? What does this mean
- “Forum shopping” and the potential for multiple claims at the same time.
3. Drugs and Alcohol in the Workplace
- Cannabis legalization- where do we stand?
- Trends in “addiction” case law.
4. Trends in Employment Agreements
- New case law on the enforceability of termination provisions.
- The perils of a fixed term agreement.
DATE & TIME: Wednesday December 4, 2019; 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. (breakfast 7:30 am; program 8:00 am)
LOCATION: Mississauga Convention Centre – 75 Derry Road West, Mississauga
By Friday, November 22, 2019 at: https://www.sherrardkuzz.com/events/?data-category=hreview
SHERRARD KUZZ LLP | Employment & Labour Lawyers
250 Yonge Street, Suite 3300, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 2L7