AODA Toolbox – October 2017
It’s National Disability Employment Awareness Month – Is your workplace accessible?
October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month. This makes it a good time to review your employment practices to make sure they are accessible. Here are some questions you’ll have to answer on your compliance report:
- Does your organization prepare individualized workplace emergency response information for employees with disabilities?
- Does your organization notify its employees and the public about the availability of accommodations during the recruitment process?
- Does your organization provide employees with updated information about its policies to support employees with disabilities?
- When requested, does your organization provide employees with disabilities information in an accessible format or with communication supports?
Review all of your requirements atontario.ca/accessibility
Ready to file?
If you have questions or need help completing your report, contact the AODA Contact Centre (ServiceOntario) at:
The Discover Ability Network is new program and online portal that will connect people with disabilities who are seeking employment directly with Ontario businesses looking to meet their talent requirements.
Not-for-profit Governance Leadership: Creating a Culture of Accessibility is a backgrounder that will help stimulate discussion about accessibility and shifting culture in non-profit organizations.
Digital Accessibility as a Business Practice is a free three-week Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) that will provide business leaders with the tools and knowledge needed to effectively enable digital accessibility in an organization.
Register for a free webinar
Contact us if your organization is interested in partnering on a webinar about an area of accessibility that will be of interest to your members or employees.
Getting Ready to Report: What Businesses and Non-Profits Need to Know
October 18, 2017: 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
October 24, 2017: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
November 1, 2017: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
November 8, 2017: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- October 25-26, 2017: Insurance Brokers Association Ontario Convention
November 6-7, 2017:HealthAchieve
November 6-7, 2017: 2017 Ontario Tourism Summit
November 29-30, 2017:IIDEXCanada